Monday, January 4, 2010

Knee Replacement Therapy I Need A Physical Therapist To Answer Question About My Knee Replacement Recovery?

I need a Physical Therapist to answer question about my knee replacement recovery? - knee replacement therapy

My knee is flexed to only 65 degrees.Im strong own.My therapy 3 times per week with a PT, and 4 times per week, my therapist said he could not get up to 92 degrees in a month. Is this realistic? And if so, what happened to my knee after cessation of therapy? "My knee is back to 65 degrees?" I have a very bad scar tissue.Your help would be greatly appreciated

2 comments:

Mary said...

Discuss with the doctor who performed the surgery. Most people are closer than 90 in a relatively short time with minimal treatment.

J HILL said...

My father had a knee replacement, and half each.
He said he would within two weeks of work. Those who landed back in 6 months because his knee was not in a position so much as it should bend.

From what I lived with my father, I suggest you do what you think best. The therapist is not in your body, so when he says you can up to 92 degrees, maybe you're body is telling us to wait, and just take.
What happens to my father. The therapist has a schedule, which obviously does not match the pace of recovery from my parents. It took a year to get the full functionality of the knee. After a year he said he was a head of schedule with no sense because it was believed at work in 2 weeks and the therapist goes too fast.

Ultimately, it is important to your body. I suggest you listen to your exercises and not only the therapist. 65-92 seems a long shot, and it sounds like it hurts. What not to do that put a new knee.
Exercise, as it sees fit. Turn it up a snail WHwhere he feels he can, and not to their own schedule.

Post a Comment